Monday, September 23, 2013

T'ai Chi for Health



There is a growing body of evidence in Western medicine that T'ai Chi is beneficial for health - from improving balance (thus preventing falls), to increasing exercise capacity, to stretching muscles and connective tissues. In a way, however, Western medicine lags in its understanding, as Eastern practice over centuries has known the many benefits of T'ai Chi.

Be that as it may, you decide how to bring T'ai Chi, if at all, into your health practice.

For me, it is the centerpiece of my daily activities, but is not the only piece: I also do core exercises, resistance training, and aerobic workouts. Perhaps this is not surprising, as I was born in the East (Philippines) and grew up in the West (US). So I choose to integrate a range of health practices that work best for me.
You may certainly choose to do the same thing I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment