Monday, August 18, 2014

When I lose my balance


(image credit)
When I lose my balance, I calmly recover it.

I may be stepping or kicking, sweeping my leg across, or simply raising it.  If I should lose my balance, I don't get tense trying to maintain it.  That seems to be our tendency: That is, we fight to avoid falling out of movement, and that is not abiding by T'ai Chi principles.

When I do my daily T'ai Chi, I'm not performing for anybody, I'm not demonstrating anything, I'm not in competition at a tournament.  Rather I am simply practicing.

I work at re-centering myself, in a relaxed, natural manner.  Sometimes that's all I need to keep my balance, and I go forward with the movements.  But sometimes I just set my foot down, pause a moment or two, and continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment