Friday, August 22, 2014

I do more than T'ai Chi


(image credit)
In November and December 2013, I wrote about what my daily workout looks like:
  • T'ai Chi
  • meditation
  • Shaolin Brocade
  • Qigong by Jesse Tsao
  • 5-Animal Qigong
  • 5 Tibetan Rites
  • stretching
  • core workout for cyclists
  • resistance training
  • aerobic workout
One of my instructors was a sort of purist.  He believed that T'ai Chi was all we needed to be healthy and strong.  No need for pushups, for example.

I didn't believe in that.  I love sports, I love exercise, and if time weren't such an issue now, I'd be working out a few hours a day.  In fact, when I lived in Dubai, and was cycling regularly, I was working out two to three hours a day on average over a 7-day week.    

In general I am interested in a variety of things and I enjoy doing a variety of things.

Keep in mind that T'ai Chi isn't just the form or practice.  It is also a mindset, and a spirit, and a philosophy.  It is a way of being and living.  In this important respect, I can bring T'ai Chi into anything and everything I do, and so can you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment