Friday, February 21, 2014

Relaxation in T'ai Chi, by Fitness-Life Matters


(image credit)
Activities like T'ai Chi and Yoga offer an incredible opportunity for promoting optimal health. These exercises train a high degree of internal awareness and powerfully stimulate the relaxation response. This combination of awareness, relaxation and exercise has tremendous benefits for reducing stress, enhancing the immune system and generating physical and emotional health.
By Fitness Matters-Life Matters.

*

Michael Garofalo culled information, quotes and references on relaxation - Relaxed - and I am grateful for his effort. Over several days in July 2011, I meditated over each one of these quotes and made notes in my T'ai Chi journal:

Not just to be really, really, but truly to be completely and absolutely shoong. I would like to imagine that in the future, I can be completely impervious to some people's craziness and shenanigans, by being absolutely shoong.

Going forward I will post regularly on relaxation, with more quotes and notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment