Friday, February 6, 2015

Wheelchair or not, T'ai Chi is good


(image credit)
While practicing T'ai Chi, your mind is meant to stay focused on your movements, relaxation and deep breathing, while distracting thoughts are ignored. Part of the allure is that it's so gentle, it's an ideal form of activity for people with pain or other conditions that prevent more vigorous exercise. You can even do T'ai Chi if you're confined to a wheelchair. The medical literature shows T'ai Chi helps reduce depression, anxiety and stress.
Reference: Ease pain and depression.

On occasion, when I am traveling or simply on the go, I do my T'ai Chi workout right there and then.  It is usually a scaled down workout, and sometimes I engage in it mentally, that is, I practice it in my mind.  So being confined to a wheelchair is no excuse for not doing T'ai Chi, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment